Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Hi everyone!

It's Lunar New Year eve today. I am 'a quarter' Chinese and I celebrate Chinese New Year every year. Since my hubby is also 'a quarter' Chinese, it's even more a festival not to be missed for us.

I was thinking to wear fake nails during the Chinese New Year since my nails are too short to be painted. But my nail glue sucks that my fake nails kept slipping away. So I decided to just paint my short nails and came up with something not too difficult to paint. I got my ideas from Simply Rins!

The fake nails I painted earlier; Cherry Blossoms and a (funny looking) dragon as my accent nail.
_DSC0006

My Chinese New Year nails!
_DSC0002 (2)
Ring finger/accent nail is painted with the Chinese character for dragon (base Elianto gold, chinese character using acrylic paint)

The rest of the nails are painted with swirls resembling round object as Chinese believe round object/shape is good. (base is OPI wocka wocka, swirls painted with acrylic paint)

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

6 comments:

  1. Love the second design. Gong Xi Fa Cai Chegu & happy holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both look impeccable! Well done chegu :D

    Happy cny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah chegu like i said ..u r so talented !!!

    cantik ni chegu.merah membara kami ni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo..Nice arr you nail art...I love it...

    ReplyDelete